Ops Security Architect
Jobs Title: Security Architect – Azure & Office 365
Location: Can be located in Manchester, Warrington or Derby (hybrid working)
We are Rolls-Royce SMR and we’re doing something that’s never been done before. We’re revolutionising an industry. That’s a once-in-a-career opportunity for those excited by such a challenge. This is more than just a job; this is a legacy.
We are now recruiting for the exciting role of Security Architect (SA), to be involved in the design and delivery of security control aligned with this game changing technology within the nuclear industry.
- The SA will play a pivotal role in designing and integrating security solutions in line with organisational requirements by devising, designing, and implementing secure architecture.
- As the first Security Architect within the growing security function, the SA will lead and drive initiatives, collaborating extensively with various IT functions and wider business stakeholders.
- Driving security predominantly within in a cloud-native environment, operating in a Microsoft Azure & Office 365 E5 environment, supported by wider security tools and services such as Microsoft Sentinel, Defender, Entra ID and Purview.
Why would this role be of interest?
- It will be the first dedicated Security Architect role within Rolls-Royce SMR.
- The architect role presents a genuine opportunity to innovate and shape the organisations secure by design, zero trust environment.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology, with forward-thinking technologists on a groundbreaking programme that will help achieve the UK’s plans to become net zero.
- If you enjoy working in an organisation with a start-up mentality, where you have genuine autonomy and chance to influence decision making, then this role would be worth looking into. Most organisations say this, but this genuinely is!
- The architect will have investment aligned with role based professional development opportunities.
- Rolls-Royce SMR employ a hybrid working approach with a significant proportion of effort being delivered without the need to visit office locations.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
- The architect must be able to engage internally across business functions to determine requirements, understand business intent and be able to demonstrate a plan to deliver future capability.
- The architect must have experience designing and building secure environments, ideally for a function that is in its infancy or complete greenfield.
- The architect should have experience with Microsoft Azure and Office 365, you must demonstrate proficiency in exploiting Microsoft Azure E5 security services such as Sentinel, Defender, Entra ID, Purview and Security Center.
- Ideally the architect will have had some experience with Linux and other languages that work with Linux.
Pay and Benefits
A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a performance related bonus, very attractive pension scheme, and private medical insurance. You will also receive a flexible benefits allowance enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
We are Rolls-Royce SMR
Rolls-Royce SMR is a rare employer because it blends the world-class brand of Rolls Royce with an exciting start-up that has a hugely challenging mission. We’re doing work that contributes to the survival of the planet. Because of our mission, there’s a pace and energy that is palpable, and our leaders draw you in with their passion, energy, and determination.
We’re one of a handful of employers who can genuinely say we’re a strengths-based organisation – our people are here because of what makes them great, and our job is to help them make the best contribution of their careers doing work they love.
The start-up mentality coupled with our strengths-approach to people means there are opportunities to grow in ways and jobs you probably would be barred from doing in more traditional companies.
Each Rolls-Royce SMR power station will have the capacity to generate 470MW of low carbon energy, equivalent to more than 150 onshore wind turbines and enough to power a million homes. It will provide consistent baseload generation for at least 60 years, helping to support the roll out of renewable generation and overcome intermittency issues.
At Rolls-Royce SMR, we are committed to ensuring that our teams reflect the communities we serve and that everyone can be themselves at work. We know that diverse teams are more innovative and get better results, and that our people can thrive and be more successful in truly inclusive cultures. Join us and help shape our culture. Find out more about our inclusion pledge.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help shape our culture.
Our Application Process
Due to the safety regulations within the nuclear industry, applicants will be required to participate in additional screening. These are:
- Obtaining Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
- Satisfactory completion of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Satisfactory completion of a basic financial probity check
Your candidate experience is at the utmost importance to us. If you are not yet ready to apply but would like to discuss any of the above or require any reasonable adjustments (e.g. being able to apply in a different format), please contact [email protected] to arrange a confidential conversation with a recruitment partner.