Chief Manufacturing Engineer
Chief Manufacturing Engineer
Derby / Warrington (Hybrid)
We are now recruiting for the exciting role of Chief Manufacturing Engineer, to be involved in an industry leading, cutting-edge project for a new type of power station.
We are Rolls-Royce SMR and we’re doing something that’s never been done before. We’re revolutionising an industry. That’s a once-in-a-career opportunity for those excited by such a challenge. This is more than just a job this is a legacy.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer you will be accountable for delivering all the manufacturing capability required for the SMR business.
You will lead the development and deployment of world class manufacturing processes, methods, technologies and systems within the business ensuring that they fully support the SMR designs, safety and security cases and overall business case and delivery timelines.
You will be accountable for the leadership, strategy and integration of Manufacturing Engineering activities within the SMR business outside of SMR assembly & installation, including functional leadership of the supply chain aligned manufacturing engineering team.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But well let you in on a secret: theres no such thing as a perfect candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Demonstrable track record of leading large teams in a complex engineering environment
• Understanding of welding techniques of pipes and electrical connectively and installation
• Understanding of AMSE quality standards and international NDT regulatory standards
• Good overview of an enterprise and manufacturing digital systems to assist the assembly build process
• Demonstrable understanding of complex problem solving in a highly regulated environment
• Vast level of experience within NPI
• Understands QMS and certification standards required
• Previous experience of producing assembly build instructions and standard work on major complex engineering projects
Pay and Benefits
• Bonus - Performance related bonus of up 25%
• Benefits Allowance – £10,500, enabling you to create a bespoke package
• Pension - 12% employer and 6% employee contributions.
• Holidays - 28 days holiday (+ public holidays) and the ability to buy or sell up to 4 days
• Private Medical Insurance - BUPA single cover health care
• Life Assurance - 6x pensionable pay
• £250 - One-off payment for new starters for home office purchases
We are Rolls-Royce SMR
Rolls-Royce SMR is a rare employer because it blends the world-class brand of Rolls Royce with an exciting start-up that has a hugely challenging mission. We’re doing work that contributes to the survival of the planet. Because of our mission, there’s a pace and energy that is palpable, and our leaders draw you in with their passion, energy, and determination.
We’re one of a handful of employers who can genuinely say we’re a strengths-based organisation – our people are here because of what makes them great, and our job is to help them make the best contribution of their careers doing work they love.
The start-up mentality coupled with our strengths-approach to people means there are opportunities to grow in ways and jobs you probably would be barred from doing in more traditional companies.
Each Rolls-Royce SMR power station will have the capacity to generate 470MW of low carbon energy, equivalent to more than 150 onshore wind turbines and enough to power a million homes. It will provide consistent baseload generation for at least 60 years, helping to support the roll out of renewable generation and overcome intermittency issues
At Rolls-Royce SMR, we are committed to ensuring that our teams reflect the communities we serve and that everyone can be themselves at work. We know that diverse teams are more innovative and get better results, and that our people can thrive and be more successful in truly inclusive cultures. Join us and help shape our culture. Find out more about our inclusion pledge.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help shape our culture.
Apply Now – Simply click the relevant link and follow the instructions
We have a 2-stage interview process. Interviews can be on-line or in-person and please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made.
Your candidate experience is at the utmost importance to us. If you are not yet ready to apply but would like to discuss any of the above or require any reasonable adjustments (e.g. being able to apply in a different format), please contact [email protected] to arrange a confidential conversation with a recruitment partner
Our Screening Process
Due to the safety regulations within the nuclear industry, applicants will be required to participate in following additional screening:-
• Obtaining Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
• Satisfactory completion of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
• Satisfactory completion of a basic financial probity check