Severe Accident Analysis Engineer
Severe Accident Analysis Engineer
Manchester, Warrington or Derby – Hybrid Working
We are Rolls-Royce SMR and we’re doing something that’s never been done before. We’re revolutionising an industry. That’s a once-in-a-career opportunity for those excited by such a challenge. This is more than just a job; this is a legacy.
We are now recruiting for the exciting role of Severe Accident Analysis Engineer, to be involved in the compliance for game changing technology within the nuclear industry.
The Severe Accident Analysis Engineer will be responsible for developing a severe accident
analysis method and delivering the requisite safety analysis which both verifies the reactor
plant design and informs the Level 2 and 3 Probabilistic Safety Assessments.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the development and design of a nuclear
reactor that is the first of its kind.
This role will also offer the opportunity to expand into nuclear site licensing and supporting
non UK customers as the business continues to grow.
Key outcomes in the role
- Develop and deliver the severe accident analysis programme
- Develop robust plans for the severe accident analysis work stream.
- Prioritise team activities to ensure on time delivery, cost and quality for all project deliverables.
- Define and manage requirement traceability from design through to analysis, models and method validation.
- Act as a controlling mind for severe accident analysis both internal and external to the company.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
Key Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of Light Water Reactor accidents and accident scenario progression.
- Knowledge of Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) design, plant and behaviour during normal and abnormal operation.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Safety, Security and Safeguards (E3S) regulations and principles (including application of As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) and Best Available Technique (BAT) principles).
- Ability to communicate complex information accurately and succinctly.
- Managing knowledge, information and data essentials.
Pay and Benefits
We anticipate a paying salary of between £40,000 - £60,000, a performance related bonus of up to x%, an attractive pension scheme with 12% employer and 6% employee contributions. You will also receive a flexible benefits allowance of £2,200, enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
We are Rolls-Royce SMR
Rolls-Royce SMR is a rare employer because it blends the world-class brand of Rolls Royce with an exciting start-up that has a hugely challenging mission. We’re doing work that contributes to the survival of the planet. Because of our mission, there’s a pace and energy that is palpable, and our leaders draw you in with their passion, energy, and determination.
We’re one of a handful of employers who can genuinely say we’re a strengths-based organisation – our people are here because of what makes them great, and our job is to help them make the best contribution of their careers doing work they love.
The start-up mentality coupled with our strengths-approach to people means there are opportunities to grow in ways and jobs you probably would be barred from doing in more traditional companies.
Each Rolls-Royce SMR power station will have the capacity to generate 470MW of low carbon energy, equivalent to more than 150 onshore wind turbines and enough to power a million homes. It will provide consistent baseload generation for at least 60 years, helping to support the roll out of renewable generation and overcome intermittency issues
At Rolls-Royce SMR, we are committed to ensuring that our teams reflect the communities we serve and that everyone can be themselves at work. We know that diverse teams are more innovative and get better results, and that our people can thrive and be more successful in truly inclusive cultures. Join us and help shape our culture. Find out more about our inclusion pledge.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help shape our culture.
Our Application Process
Due to the safety regulations within the nuclear industry, applicants will be required to participate in additional screening. These are:
- Obtaining Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
- Satisfactory completion of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Satisfactory completion of a basic financial probity check
Your candidate experience is at the utmost importance to us. If you are not yet ready to apply but would like to discuss any of the above or require any reasonable adjustments (e.g. being able to apply in a different format), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation with a recruitment partner.