Corporate Security Manager
Corporate Security Manager
This is more than just a job; this is a legacy.
Rolls-Royce SMR, the UK’s domestic nuclear energy champion, is looking for a Corporate Security Manager to provide the organisational focal point for the safety and security of colleagues, partners, and our growing physical estate. This exciting new post which reports directly to the Head of Security is responsible to the business for the design, delivery, implementation, and operational availability of risk-based controls in support of Human and Physical Security in a Nuclear centric organisation.
Rolls-Royce SMR was established with one clear goal - to deliver clean, affordable energy for all.
Rolls-Royce SMR offers a radically different approach to delivering nuclear power. A 90% factory-built solution, drastically reducing project risk, shortening construction times and increasing delivery certainty.
The Rolls-Royce SMR is a world-class global product for a global market - using established nuclear technology developed by a UK-based team building on decades of engineering, manufacturing and nuclear reactor design experience.
About the position
• Understands the appropriate level of risk in the company
• Accountable for the Plans and supporting Standards and guidelines in support of staff and colleague safety across the enterprise.
• Fulfil the function of corporate security focal point for ELT, Management, and colleagues across the business.
• Conduct up-stream capacity Corporate Security planning with business units and partners to inform wider security group strategy development.
• Accountable for the provision of Corporate Security designated Policy, Standards, Process, Plans and guidelines to support Corporate Security functions in line with applicable legislation, regulation, and industry standards.
• Support the assurance function with ongoing compliance activity around Corporate Security controls.
• Support the operational security function in the design, definition and continuous monitoring of Corporate Security Key Performance Indicators and operational metrics.
• Lead on the provision, analysis, evaluation, and any treatment plans associated with corporate security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks in support of the wider operational security risk management approach.
• Accountable for the Plans and supporting Standards and guidelines in support of physical security requirements across the enterprise, including the operational security coordination function for the definition and integration of security requirements into future manufacturing facilities.
• Responsible for the implementation and operational availability of Physical Security Controls in support of the SMR estate, aligned with the appropriate threat and vulnerability assessments.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree level award and/or globally recognised security qualifications, supported by appropriate experience in the security sector.
• Member of a recognised security professional body or institute
• Experienced in the Planning and Delivering a Corporate Security function
• Experienced int the design and delivery of a Corporate Security Communications and Engagement Plan.
• Experienced in the production of Threat, Vulnerability and Risk Assessment in support of colleagues and the physical estate.
• Experienced in the integration of Corporate Security related change across a business.
• Experience of the Design and Delivery of a Corporate Security Function in a Nuclear New Build environment is desirable along with experience of operation in a heavily regulated environment.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
Pay and Benefits
A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a performance related bonus.
A range of flexible benefits are available to choose from, enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
Travel: the location of work can be either Derby or Warrington.
Flexible working / hybrid and remote working patterns are available with agreement.
Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week with some additional hours as and when required.
Who we are
Rolls-Royce SMR’s small modular reactor (SMR) programme is the first of its kind in the UK.
A Rolls-Royce SMR power station will have the capacity to generate 470mw of low-carbon energy, equivalent to more than 150 onshore wind turbines. It will provide consistent baseload generation for at least 60 years, helping achieve the Government’s target of 24GW of nuclear energy by 2050.
In addition to stable base load power, Rolls-Royce SMRs will be able to provide energy for the manufacture of green hydrogen and synthetic fuels, to support the path to Net Zero and the decarbonisation of transport.
Out technology is based upon well-established Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) technology, in use all over the world, but Rolls-Royce SMR’s unique approach will see the reactor components built in factory conditions and assembled on site.
Our factory-built model is entirely scalable, as demand increases, we invest in further factories using the same design and management systems used for all our SMRs.
When fully operational the Rolls-Royce SMR programme is forecast to create 40,000 regional UK jobs by 2050 and generate £52bn in economic benefit.
Having begun the design assessment process with the UK regulators, the organisation is at a point where it needs to significantly increase its workforce, offering candidates the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology within a world-class team.
How to apply
Rolls-Royce SMR is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
However you identify or whatever your path here, please apply if you see a position that interests or excites you. Come join us and help us build a global company where we're all proud to belong. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
If you are not yet ready to apply, but would like to find out more, please contact email@example.com to arrange a confidential conversation with a recruitment partner.