Head of Commercial
Morson are proud to be exclusively partnering with Rolls Royce SRM to appoint a Head of Commercial. The Head of Commercial will report directly to the Commercial Director and is responsible for leading on the negotiation and delivery of contracts entered into by RR SMR Ltd.
About Rolls Royce SRM:
Climate change and its consequences are one of the greatest challenges ever to face mankind. At Rolls-Royce SMR, our vision is simple – we want to provide clean, affordable energy for all. Our Small Modular Reactor is an integrated power station, that takes well understood, existing nuclear technology and applies a factory-based philosophy to its fabrication and assembly. This repeatable, standardised approach generates huge efficiency gains to make it a commoditised product that is affordable, repeatable, deliverable, and investable on a global scale, providing cheaper and more flexible electricity to form part of a future balanced, clean energy mix. Launched in November 2021, Rolls-Royce SMR is an independent company with ambitious plans for growth, creating 40,000 regional UK jobs by 2050 and generating £52bn in economic benefit. Join us and help to provide clean, affordable energy for all.
The successful applicant will lead/support the negotiation for the main delivery contracts associated with the integrated turnkey deliver of the RR SMR factory-built power plant with a range of customers in a range of markets. To achieve this the Head of Commercial is responsible for establishing commercially efficient, competitive structures that ensure risk allocation is understood and managed, throughout all aspects of the contract delivery phase. The negotiation of contracts, within a nuclear environment, is highly complex and working in conjunction with the Business Development Directorate, who generate contract leads, the Commercial Directorate is responsible for the closing of the deal in close co-ordination with the General Counsel.
- Leadership and development of the Commercial Customer Business Team that is fit to deliver
- Responsible for the capture and definition of the commercial deal terms leading to heads of agreement through to final contractual completion for customer facing contracts
- Negotiation and closure on all elements of the contract in close co-ordination with the General Counsel.
- Liaison with Operations & Delivery Directorates on ensuring that the delivery readiness and support are in place at the point of contractual completion
- Liaison with Programme Delivery on required resources for contractual delivery so that these can be priced and captured in the agreement
- Liaison with Engineering to ensure all technical requirements are properly defined and reflected within the contract structures opposite RR SMR customers.
- Establish claims management process to ensure claims are properly identified, documented and managed in both customer facing and supply chain contracts.
- Negotiate resolution of claims, disputes and litigation in order to minimize cost and risk to the Company.
- Develop and manage Commercial relationships, internally and with external partners and suppliers as required.
- Establish and develop a team of commercial professionals with the range of industry experience and knowledge to ensure RR SMR Ltd have the commercial depth and strength to reflect the growth aspirations of our business.
- Develop innovative commercial solutions to ensure RR SMR maintain a competitive advantage in the market and which reflects the capabilities of our business and technology offering.
- Review, negotiate and provide guidance on NDAs, MOUs, and other commercial agreements.
This newly created role offers an exciting opportunity to set up and build a Commercial team within a high growth Nuclear start up. ideally the role will be based from either Manchester or Warrington but there is flexibility to work from home a couple of days per week. The role is offering a base salary of between £90,000-£110,000 pa DOE + a competitive benefits package, pension & bonus.