Commercial Manager - Customer Business
Job Title: Commercial Manager – Customer Business
Location: Warrington OR Manchester – Hybrid working
This is more than just a job; this is a legacy.
The Commercial Manger reports directly to the “Head of Commercial - Customer Business” and is responsible for supporting the negotiation and delivery of contracts entered into by RR SMR Ltd. The successful applicant will support the negotiation for the main delivery contracts associated with the integrated turnkey deliver of the RR SMR factory-built power plant with a range of customers in a range of markets.
The negotiation of contracts, within a nuclear environment, is highly complex and working in conjunction with the Business Development Directorate, who generate contract leads, the Commercial Directorate is responsible for the closing of the deal in close co-ordination with the General Counsel.
Rolls-Royce SMR was established with one clear goal - to deliver clean, affordable energy for all.
Rolls-Royce SMR offers a radically different approach to delivering nuclear power, we have drastically reduced the amount of construction activities and transformed the delivery environment, from a large complex infrastructure programme into a factory built commoditised product.
Rolls-Royce SMR uses established nuclear technology and know-how to offer a low cost, deliverable, global, scalable, and investable solution, that can be rolled out around the world.
About the position
- Capture and definition of the commercial deal terms leading to heads of agreement through to final contractual completion for customer facing contracts
- Support negotiation and closure on all elements of the contract in close co-ordination with the General Counsel.
- Liaison with Operations & Delivery Directorates on ensuring that the delivery readiness and support are in place at the point of contractual completion
- Liaison with Programme Delivery on required resources for contractual delivery so that these can be priced and captured in the agreement
- Liaison with Engineering to ensure all technical requirements are properly defined and reflected within the contract structures opposite RR SMR customers.
- Manage claims management process to ensure claims are properly identified, documented and managed in both customer facing and supply chain contracts.
- Negotiate resolution of claims, disputes and litigation in order to minimize cost and risk to the Company.
- Develop and manage Commercial relationships, internally and with external partners and suppliers as required.
- Develop innovative commercial solutions to ensure RR SMR maintain a competitive advantage in the market and which reflects the capabilities of our business and technology offering.
- Review, negotiate and provide guidance on NDAs, MOUs, and other commercial agreements.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
Pay and Benefits
A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a performance related bonus.
A range of flexible benefits are available to choose from, enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
Travel: the location of work can be either Warrington OR Manchester
Flexible working / hybrid and remote working patterns are available with agreement.
Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week with some additional hours as and when required.
Who we are
Rolls-Royce SMR’s small modular reactor (SMR) programme is the first of its kind in the UK, with the opportunity to develop a factory-built nuclear power plant that is deliverable and scalable at a global level.
A Rolls-Royce SMR power station will have the capacity to generate 470mw of low carbon energy, equivalent to more than 150 onshore wind turbines. It will provide consistent baseload generation for at least 60 years, helping to support the roll-out of renewable generation.
In addition to stable base load power, Rolls-Royce SMRs will be able to provide energy for the Net Zero manufacture of green hydrogen and synthetic fuels, to support the path to Net Zero and the decarbonisation of transport.
The 470MW SMR draws upon well-established Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) technology in use all over the world, but Rolls-Royce SMR’s unique approach will see the reactor components built in factory conditions and assembled on site.
Our factory-built model is entirely scalable, as demand increases, we invest in further factories using the same design and management systems used for all our SMRs.
When fully operational the Rolls-Royce SMR programme is forecast to create 40,000 regional UK jobs by 2050 and generate £52bn in economic benefit.
Having begun the design assessment process with the UK regulators, the organisation is at a point where it needs to significantly increase its workforce, offering candidates the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology within a world-class team.
How to apply
Rolls-Royce SMR is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
However, you identify or whatever your path here, please apply if you see a position that interests or excites you. Come join us and help us build a global company where we're all proud to belong. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day
If you are not yet ready to apply, but would like to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.