Security Case Delivery Lead
Security Case Delivery Lead
Hybrid working with an office base at either Warrington or Derby
Morson Talent are working in partnership with Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) to recruit a Security Case Delivery Lead, this is an exciting new role, whereby you will be responsible for the development and delivery of a key component of the Generic Design Assessment (GDA), namely the Generic Security Report (GSR).
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
The post will be integral to ensuring that the security case claims, arguments and evidence items are properly structured and meet the requirements of ONR Security Assessment Principles (SyAPs), guidance and regulatory documentation.
Leading and managing a nuclear security project team, consisting of physical security and cyber security subject matter experts, reporting to the Head of Security and E3S GDA Case Manager, you will be required to apply a Secure-by-Design methodology and a logical approach to the development and delivery of the GSR and supporting assessments and analyses.
? Secure by design must seize the opportunity to innovate, where appropriate
? Secure by design must consider the application of new technologies
? Secure by design must consider new ways of operation
? Secure by design must align with Fundamental Safety and Security Requirements
• Lead and manager a nuclear security case project team
• Work to deliver a new nuclear build, and new design, GSR
• Be appointed the licensing lead for the GSR
• Interface with the regulators
• Review and approve plans, strategy, assessments & analyses
• Drive aspects of Safety Informed Nuclear Security
• Provide specialist advice and recommend approaches across teams and various stakeholders
• You can lead the development of security case strategy and supporting documentation to enable the delivery of the GSR
• You can apply an approach to real problems and consider all relevant information. You can apply appropriate rigour to ensure a full solution is delivered to meet the business and regulatory outcome
• You can effectively translate and accurately communicate security and risk implications across technical and non-technical stakeholders, and able to respond to challenge. You can manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, adapting to stakeholders’ reactions to reach consensus
• You can lead on identifying opportunities to innovate through the use of novel claims, arguments and evidence-based security methodologies, strategies and plans through an excellent understanding of security in a civil nuclear context
• You can understand and contribute the security argument within the Safety & Engineering functions
• Understands the appropriate level of Risk in the Company.
• Has a grasp of any implications of Public Relations.
• Understands and applies appropriate Corporate Governance to decision making.
• Understands appropriate Commercial and Corporate law decision making.
• Understands Safety & UK Regulatory Affairs
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree educated, or/and, globally recognised security qualifications, or equivalent experience.
• Self-starter with a professional leadership approach
• A modern mindset to security challenges and risk
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing and leading security project teams across the nuclear industry
• A very strong understanding of ONR security regulation.
• Must be able to display in-depth understanding of nuclear GSR construct and supporting assessments
• Preparing documentation and reports and working to tight deadlines
• Understanding of Safety Engineering
• Understanding of nuclear Safety Cases
• Security Systems engineering