Assurance and Compliance Engineer
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint venture business, specifically created to design, construct, and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactor that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new venture business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
For the right individual, we have a fantastic opportunity to join the Rolls-Royce SMR Quality Team working as an Assurance and Compliance Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to shape, manage and guide the businesses and functions to formulate and maintain an audit, review and assurance programmes and undertake independent system / process audits and compliance checks based upon critical issues and identified risks.
- Work proactively with the businesses and functions to support the process and product audit programmes to meet regulatory, certification, customer, and business requirements (e.g. ISO 9001 and ASME NQA-1).
- Carrying out reviews, audits and system checks that support the Rolls-Royce SMR internal assurance and compliance programmes.
- Provide support to the Rolls-Royce SMR certification programme and external nuclear regulatory assessments and reviews.
- Work with the Businesses and Process Leads to assess, identify, and review compliance risks.
- You will help drive corrective and preventative actions through to resolution.
- Proactively review and evaluate existing policies, practices, and controls for improvements.
- Provide coaching, advice and help to others in the resolution of problems and issues.
- Contribute to developing staff compliance competence by supporting and coaching others.
- Report and present findings to Business Leaders and overseeing implementation of recommendations.
- Champion best practice and the deployment of company and quality policies and strategies.
- Support external benchmarking to identify the latest audit and problem-solving techniques.
- Working closely with a wide range of stakeholders provide quality support to all functions including marketing, project and programme management, engineering, manufacturing, and the supply chain, gaining experience of a range of SMR activities.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience, you will have significant quality assurance working knowledge operating within a technical or programme environment.
- Lead Auditor qualified and / or 3 or more years in a quality assurance role.
- Be focused, driven and agile with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A strong negotiator and be able to combat resistance or setbacks to achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation, coaching and influence others and manage expectations.
- Understand how organisations work and be able to use both formal channels and informal networks to get things done
- Experienced in the creation and review of reports with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- A problem solver who seeks to find the root cause and present recommendations.
- You must be IT literate with the ability to analyse and manipulate data and turn it into actionable and presentable information.