Export Control Manager
Export Control Manager
Derby (hybrid working)
This is more than just a job; this is a legacy.
Morson are working in partnership with RR SMR to recruit an Export Control Manager. The role will involve providing knowledge, guidance and advice on export control legislation and procedures to enable the organisation to make sound strategic business decisions. To assist in developing the Internal Export Control Compliance Programme for the developing SMR business. The role will be accountable for developing and providing the Internal Export Controls Training programme along with supporting IT developmental areas of the business.
Rolls-Royce SMR was established with one clear goal - to deliver clean, affordable energy for all.
Rolls-Royce SMR offers a radically different approach to delivering nuclear power, we have drastically reduced the amount of construction activities and transformed the delivery environment, from a large complex infrastructure programme into a factory built commoditised product.
Rolls-Royce SMR uses established nuclear technology and know-how to offer a low cost, deliverable, global, scalable, and investable solution, that can be rolled out around the world.
- Monitor and keep up-to-date with the export regulations (in particular Nuclear related export control regulations) of all countries with which the organisation conducts business.
- Liaise with other export control personnel to develop an understanding of the impact of export regulations on the business of the company as a whole.
- Support in developing an organisational understanding of and adherence to export control regulations.
- Support in establishing and implementing strategies for export control compliance in line with the needs of the organisation.
- Reports to the Head of Export Control and provides specialist knowledge, guidance and advice to the SMR organisation on export control issues relating to its strategic and tactical requirements.
- Develops and provides the business export control training programme and provides programme-specific training and communication on export control.
- Supports in the administration of export authorisations the organisation requires for its exports, prepare and submit applications, and ensure that processes are in place to comply with the provisions of the authorisation and export authorisation briefs are prepared.
- Participate in Integrated Project Teams across all functions and all geographical locations addressing export control issues.
- Specialist knowledge of relevant export regulations - 7+years experience
- Ability to analyse complex business situations and to advise on the impact of export control regulations.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical processes for export control compliance.
Pay and Benefits
A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a performance related bonus.
A range of flexible benefits are available to choose from, enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
Travel: the location of work can be either Derby or Warrington. (Adjust as appropriate)
Flexible working / hybrid and remote working patterns are available with agreement.
Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week with some additional hours as and when required.
How to apply
Rolls-Royce SMR is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
However you identify or whatever your path here, please apply if you see a position that interests or excites you. Come join us and help us build a global company where we're all proud to belong. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day
If you are not yet ready to apply, but would like to find out more, please contact email@example.com to arrange a confidential conversation.