Technology Transfer Engineer
Technology Transfer Engineer – EPRI
Location: Hybrid working – Warrington or Derby
Salary: Competitive Salary + (Package & Bonus)
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct, and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a member of the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) nuclear programme. EPRI is a US-based research organisation that undertakes applied research on behalf of its members, to increase safety and reliability of electric power generating plant and reduce operating costs.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering via the Engineering Capability Manager – Technology & Facilities, the Technology Transfer Engineer - EPRI is part of a team tasked to drive the vision, strategy, design, and implementation of engineering capabilities required to deliver the SMR programme.
The Technology Transfer Engineer – EPRI is primarily responsible for co-ordinating successful engagement and building enduring relationships between the SMR engineering function and the EPRI Programme Managers and Technical Specialists. Key elements of the role are to ensure that the engineering function understands what information is available from EPRI’s research portfolio, how it can be transferred and used in the SMR programme and maintain audit records of all such information transfers and uses. The role requires an individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to perform a cross functional internal and external facing engineering role within a fledgling UK based organisation.
- Build relationships between Rolls-Royce SMR and the UK and US based EPRI administration, technical and leadership teams. This is likely to require recurring attendance at EPRI’s US offices in North Carolina, USA.
- Create and deliver training programmes on EPRI awareness and engagement, to personnel across the Rolls-Royce SMR engineering function and other areas.
- Promote the use of EPRI information, tools and knowledge within the SMR programme
- Provide general help and support to RR SMR engineering personnel on all aspects of EPRI membership and information transfer.
- Create and deliver effective transfer of EPRI information and knowledge into the SMR programme, through methods such as webcasts, seminars, face-to-face meetings, etc.
- Manage EPRI documentation including compliance with, and reporting against, Export Control, Intellectual Property and Confidentiality requirements.
- Manage and record transfer of EPRI information to suppliers, regulators and other third parties.
- Track usage of EPRI information and products across the engineering programme, including development of metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for EPRI engagement.
- Degree Level Qualified (e.g. minimum UK Master’s degree or comparable career experience) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Meets recognised professional engineering registration criteria (e.g. ECUK CEng) and criteria for membership of a relevant engineering institution (e.g. IMechE or IET)
- Experience working within high-performance Tier 1 nuclear engineering organisations (or directly comparable highly regulated engineering organisations).
- Ability to integrate well at all levels within a multidisciplinary engineering function and wider business, including working in collaboration with external stakeholders and providers within a collaborative commercial framework.
- Experience in complying with and managing Commercial, Intellectual Property and Export Control requirements.
To apply please send your CV to Joe Guy at Morson or contact the Morson office for more information.