Mechanical Standards and Specifications Engineer
Job: Mechanical Standards and Specifications Engineer
Location: Derby or Warrington (with remote working options)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Package + Bonus
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
The Standards & Specifications Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and assisting in the production of specifications to allow the efficient manufacture of components. Specifications will need to be defined to set the requirements for general manufacturing controls, quality assurance, welding, non-destructive examination, materials and other areas. Specifications will be applied to Reactor Island components, including those of a higher reliability that may require enhanced controls beyond those found in commercial standards. The Standards & Specifications Engineer will also have a key influence in shaping the landscape of specifications and the approach taken for a new business.
- Assist and direct the production of specifications.
- Plan and coordinate the production of a complete suite of specifications to enable the efficient production of reactor components of different safety classifications.
- Input into the vision for the overall landscape and vision for manufacturing specifications.
- Manage and coordinate the selection and use of commercial design standards within the design teams.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent industrial experience commensurate with the role profile.
- Understanding of the role of specifications in communicating design and structural integrity requirements to manufacturing.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience in authoring specifications, standards, processes or requirements.
- A willingness work with a level of resilience needed for working in a new business and with ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with any audience, quickly establishing credibility and buy-in.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss.
To apply please send your CV to Kris Charnock at Morson or contact the Morson office for more information.