Global Commodity Manager
Job: Global Commodity Manager
Location: Derby or Warrington (Home based + frequent travel)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Package + Bonus
Do you want to be part of an organisation that will create clean, affordable energy for all? We’re working with Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) to recruit a Global Commodity Manager.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
The Global Commodity Manager role will support the creation and deployment of the integrated commodity / category strategies and the associated strategic sourcing & commercial activities, ensuring adequate levels of contractual coverage with the aim of mitigating commercial risk, optimising commercial advantage, providing security of supply and acceptable levels of liability. Where designated, you will support the strategic relationship(s) creating value and competitive advantage. Where applicable, strategic commodity / category work spans the whole lifecycle from understanding engineering requirements, through concept design, to manufacturing and delivery. As required, you will oversee the prioritisation and delivery of purchasing task(s) and the professional development of your team(s). The supervisory elements will vary dependent on the type and size of the team as well as the functional area.
- Supplier Relationships - Where designated, responsible for the effective top to top management and strategic direction of international partners and suppliers.
- Cost Management - Lead long term cost improvement in all relevant activities in line with business plans, including leveraging cost reductions across category group strategic spend commodities / categories
- Strategic Sourcing - Where designated, responsible for planning and leading sourcing and commercial activities to maximise the value proposition across all major commodities / categories. Will remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts and ensure preferred suppliers have plans to gain access to emerging and developed markets
- Strategy - Develop, deploy and communicate relevant integrated commodity /category / supplier strategies, providing a clear vision and strategic framework for the designated supply chain(s). Work collaboratively, as part of a highly skilled cross functional teams to ensure that strategies meet the needs of current and future business programmes
- Quality & Delivery - Where designated, select a supply chain capable of meeting quality and delivery requirements and ensuring the management and rectification of quality and delivery issues
- Processes and Procedures - Lead the team's compliance to company policies, processes and procedures, ensuring all purchasing records and documentations are correct and maintained in line with regulatory requirements
- Resource Management - Where designated, will lead the recruitment, line management and capability development of Buyers
- Stakeholder Management - Nurture effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to the function in order to integrate functional priorities
- Understands the appropriate level of Risk in the Company.
- Has a grasp of any implications of Public Relations.
- Understands and applies appropriate Corporate Governance to decision making.
- Understands appropriate Commercial and Corporate law decision making.
- Understands Safety & UK Regulatory Affairs
Qualifications & Experience
- BA degree or equivalent or significant industry experience.
- Ideally MCIPs qualified or equivalent.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working.
- Good planning / project management skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Familiarity with purchasing and supply chain management preferred
For further information please apply online or contact Jack Dawkins at Morson Talent
- 01617-071-516 / firstname.lastname@example.org