IT Portfolio and Release Manager, Manchester or Warrington
This is a senior staff role within SMR IT Function, working together with Solution Architects, and Business Analysts either from within the team or from the supply chain. It will support the realisation of the strategic roadmap for the IT Services that this function will deliver over the lifecycle of the SMR programme.
In addition, the role will undertake Portfolio Management and Release Assurance activity in the development and delivery of IT Solutions for Rolls-Royce SMR
For the first 18 months or so the split will be around 80% Portfolio management and 20% release as services are scaled up.
- IT Value Delivery: Own the continuous management of IT Demand Forum process for continuous value delivery to the business. Where necessary, embed the requirements of significant/large-scale IT programmes together with emergent work on IT4IT Solutions to support the development of IT Operating Model.
- Solution Delivery: Co-ordinate the selection, acquisition and delivery of SMR licensed applications or solutions ensuring business value is delivered on a predictable and continuous basis. Prioritise the backlog of demand. Ensure appropriate resource (either internal or from supply chain) is assigned to deliver the backlog. Drive for delivery and value.
- User Experience: Ensure a delightful User Experience is embedded in the specification, design, development and deployment of SMR IT Solutions with specific focus on continuous value delivery alongside significant IT programmes.
- Project Management: Define and manage delivery of SMR IT initiatives using recognised and effective Project Management techniques. Collaborate with delivery partners to ensure workstream activities are completed in-full, on-time and to-budget guaranteeing value is realised by the business.
- Release Management (Path to Production): Support environment definition within SMR's own IT Platform. Own the progression of initiatives and solutions through environments and test processes and release acceptance guaranteeing quality. Define, understand and own IT's change management process.
For full details please contact Tim Philpotts at Morson.