Project Control Manager
Project Control Manager
This is more than just a job this is a legacy.
Working within the PMO and reporting to the Group Head of PMO, the Project Control Manager will have a broad range of touch points with members across the PMO and Engineering particularly. At the highest level, the Project Control Manager will be interfacing with the Group Head Of PMO and Executive Leadership Team Members and then below this, managing the team of planners cost managers risk managers and reporting teams while also dealing with Project Teams per Work Package developing and maintaining Work Package performance measurement baselines and supporting the reporting of this.
Rolls-Royce SMR was established with one clear goal - to deliver clean, affordable energy for all.
Rolls-Royce SMR offers a radically different approach to delivering nuclear power. A 90% factory-built solution, drastically reducing project risk, shortening construction times and increasing delivery certainty.
The Rolls-Royce SMR is a world-class global product for a global market - using established nuclear technology developed by a UK-based team building on decades of engineering, manufacturing and nuclear reactor design experience.
About the position
- Undertake the day-to-day management of the planning cost management and risk management team within the PMO, acting as the leader thereof.
- Undertake functional leadership and line management to those individuals within the PMO
- Work closely with the other support functions on a day-to-day basis providing support as required. Including Procurement, Commercial, Estimating, etc.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Project Controls Plan and for ensuring compliance with Project Controls requirements for the purpose of project performance analysis and reporting and cost / program integration. Produce monthly framework Earned Value Management (EVM) reports.
- Liaise with the commercial / finance and planning teams to establish systems and processes to record cost and value progress. Undertake WBS-CBS mapping to validate performance measurement baselines. Support project teams to monitor and improve forecast predictability.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to establish processes to record the early warning and change management system and integrate the commercial tool into the project control plan.
- Responsible for the collation and validation of information required for internal reporting. Prepare and review reports prior to submission to Client. Produce and manage KPI reports and ensure progressive improvements.
- Responsible for the collation of data, production and submission of the monthly Reports. Coordinate suppliers / subcontractors reporting. Lead the review and assurance of project controls documents.
- Liaise with the different Work Package Managers in the preparation of updated Monthly Performance Report. Assist in systems implementation to improve efficiency.
- Provide support and technical information to the Group Head of PMO for decision making and onward cascade to Exec Leadership Team.
- Ensure projects are monitored effectively with good progress updates and ensuring costings, process planning, resourcing and logic is complete and accurate
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But well let you in on a secret: theres no such thing as a perfect candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
Pay and Benefits
A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a performance related bonus.
A range of flexible benefits are available to choose from, enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
Travel: the location of work can be either Derby or Warrington.
Flexible working / hybrid and remote working patterns are available with agreement.
Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week with some additional hours as and when required.
Who we are
Rolls-Royce SMR’s small modular reactor (SMR) programme is the first of its kind in the UK.
A Rolls-Royce SMR power station will have the capacity to generate 470mw of low-carbon energy, equivalent to more than 150 onshore wind turbines. It will provide consistent baseload generation for at least 60 years, helping achieve the Government’s target of 24GW of nuclear energy by 2050.
In addition to stable base load power, Rolls-Royce SMRs will be able to provide energy for the manufacture of green hydrogen and synthetic fuels, to support the path to Net Zero and the decarbonisation of transport.
Out technology is based upon well-established Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) technology, in use all over the world, but Rolls-Royce SMR’s unique approach will see the reactor components built in factory conditions and assembled on site.
Our factory-built model is entirely scalable, as demand increases, we invest in further factories using the same design and management systems used for all our SMRs.
When fully operational the Rolls-Royce SMR programme is forecast to create 40,000 regional UK jobs by 2050 and generate £52bn in economic benefit.
Having begun the design assessment process with the UK regulators, the organisation is at a point where it needs to significantly increase its workforce, offering candidates the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology within a world-class team.
How to apply
Rolls-Royce SMR is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
However you identify or whatever your path here, please apply if you see a position that interests or excites you. Come join us and help us build a global company where were all proud to belong. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But well let you in on a secret: theres no such thing as a perfect candidate.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
If you are not yet ready to apply, but would like to find out more, please contact email@example.com to arrange a confidential conversation with a recruitment partner.