Job: Operational Buyer
Location: Derby or Warrington (Hybrid working)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Package + Bonus
Do you want to be part of an organisation that will create clean, affordable energy for all? We’re working with Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) to recruit a Buyer.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
As a Buyer, you will join our new Purchasing team in Small Modular Reactors which are being developed for the Civil Nuclear market. As a member of this team, you will be at the forefront of strategy development and execution, which is key to ensuring our continued growth. Working as part of a dynamic and integrated commodity management team, you will be relied upon to deliver commodity strategies, and manage the associated strategic sourcing activities with our suppliers. This is a chance to work closely with stakeholders at all levels internally as well as externally. We are committed to exceeding our customer expectations to deliver products and services of the highest quality, on time, in full and at a globally competitive cost.
Purchasing at Rolls-Royce is truly international. Working together in global teams, we develop strategies and deliver cost-competitive supply chain solutions across all our sectors. Along with eliminating waste and developing breakthrough technologies, we also manage and reduce costs throughout the product lifecycle.
- Select and manage the Rolls-Royce global supply chain that will deliver the most efficient and cost-effective service to SMR development.
- Develop and implement global external supplier and commodity strategies which will drive sustainable improvements in quality, cost and delivery.
- Run global and / or strategic tenders to enable these, and help to define and execute the Purchasing to Pay (P2P) solutions that underpin the strategies.
- Responsible for senior relationship management and business development of suppliers within their category area or business project to which you are assigned.
- Establish the commercial framework in which the suppliers shall operate, ensuring cost competitiveness and value improvement is achieved.
- Ensure adherence to functional processes and procedures and on-going development / continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure own compliance to the company's code of ethics.
- Understands the appropriate level of Risk in the Company.
- Has a grasp of any implications of Public Relations.
- Understands and applies appropriate Corporate Governance to decision making.
- Understands appropriate Commercial and Corporate law decision making.
- Understands Safety & UK Regulatory Affairs
Qualifications & Experience
- BA degree or equivalent or significant industry experience.
- Ideally MCIPs qualified or equivalent.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working.
- Good planning / project management skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Familiarity with purchasing and supply chain management preferred.
For further information please apply online or contact Jack Dawkins at Morson Talent
- 01617-.071-.516 / firstname.lastname@example.org