Business Development Manager - Rolls Royce SMR
Would you like to use your business development skills to deliver clean, affordable energy for all?
Morson are working in partnership with Rolls- Royce SMR to recruit an experienced business development professional to support the realisation of a once in a generation opportunity to bring to market a new nuclear power station, the Rolls-Royce Small Modular Reactor. Based on Rolls-Royce’s heritage in nuclear plant design and manufacture, this new, turnkey, low carbon power plant solution is equally applicable for government, utility and industrial customers. You will work as a key part of the growing team of strategy and business development professionals leading the business strategy and developing strategic opportunities for SMR deployments globally. With a strong track record of customer business and senior stakeholder management you will be a motivated self-starter and team player with the ability to develop effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and to represent the company nationally and internationally
• Lead and develop opportunities to deploy the Rolls-Royce SMR, engaging with customers, Government, external stakeholders and the rest of the business to ensure that the deployment pathway for Rolls-Royce SMR power stations is delivered on time and budget.
• Work alongside the strategy team to create innovative customer solutions tailored for specific markets and opportunities and convert to orders.
• Support the development of the Rolls-Royce SMR strategy supporting the analysis of market opportunities, customer programmes and competitors.
• Support the development and implementation of best in class customer relationship management tools and processes to effectively track, manage and communicate engagement activity.
• Provide support to other areas of strategic importance across the breadth of the UK SMR Strategy & Business Development team as priorities and resources are flexed to meet business requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
• Significant experience of senior external relationship management with commercial and Governmental organisations, ideally within a nuclear or power industry setting and across a range of geographies.
• Experience within customer business development.
• Excellent communication skills with a proven record of public speaking and engagement with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a semi or non-expert audience.
• Ability to work alone, with self-starter mindset, as well as part of a team with shared vision, individual and team responsibilities, and flexible and agile working environment.
• Understanding of and compliance with the high ethical standards required for business development in the nuclear industry
• Demonstrable adherence to the nuclear safety culture
• Strong analytical, problem solving and effective listening skills
• Strong technical understanding with an ability to relate technical solution to the market requirements
At Rolls-Royce SMR were market disruptors. Were using proven nuclear technologies combined with manufacturing philosophies to provide clean, affordable energy for all.
A career with Rolls-Royce SMR will be varied, technically challenging and supportive. As our vision evolves into reality, our colleague community will grow and continue to comprise some of the most talented people in the industry.
You’ll also get a package that includes:
• Competitive salary
• Coaching, training and support to help you develop
• 33 days holiday
• Flexible working patterns