Environment Case Author
Job: Environmental Case Author / Technical Coordinator
Location: Warrington (Hybrid working)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Package + Bonus
Do you want to be part of an organisation that will create clean, affordable energy for all? We’re working with Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) to recruit an Environmental Case Author.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
Reporting to the Environmental Case Lead, as the Environmental Case Author you will play a key role in supporting the development of the UK SMR Power Station and the successful completion of the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) and the Environment Agency (EA) Generic Design Assessment (GDA) process.
• Support the Environmental Case lead develop and maintain the programme for delivery of the Environment Case as part of the overall GDA delivery programme
• Assist the Environmental Case lead with the overall coordination and management of interfaces with the engineering design teams as well as key internal and external stakeholders
• Lead the production of the Environment Case documentation, ensuring the legibility, flow and internal consistency between the different sections authored by different specialists
• Ensure that environment case submissions are subjected to the appropriate level of quality assurance and governance.
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of the register of environmental requirements and capture in DOORS
• Support regulatory interface meetings (as appropriate) and meetings with other relevant stakeholders
• Coordinate the planning and production of appropriate responses to regulatory questions (ROs & RQs);
• Participate in optioneering workshops and the design decision process for plants and systems supporting the demonstration of BAT and/or providing and environment protection function (or that otherwise have a bearing on environment protection)
• A good understanding of the environmental permitting regulations and associated permit requirements/ conditions
• Demonstrable track record of supporting the delivery of projects within the scope of environmental permitting regulations, particularly the radioactive substances regulations
• Experience of engaging and interfacing with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders (including assessors from regulatory agencies) on similar scale projects
• Experience in the leading/ managing the production of environment case or similar documentation
• Good knowledge of the UK civil nuclear regulatory regime including the GDA process
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to represent the project both internally and externally
Qualifications & Experience
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Engineering, Maths, Physics or equivalent or significant relevant industry experience.
• Chartered or working towards Chartered status with a professional engineering, or equivalent, body.
For further details, please apply here or contact Louise Taylor at Morson Talent