Regional Purchasing Manager
Title: Regional Purchasing Manager
Salary: Highly competitive salary + benefits
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
The Purchasing Manager - Operational role will lead the operational performance of the external supply chain to deliver the required technology, quality, cost and delivery performance for the assigned commodities / categories / categories and/ or region. You will lead the integration across multiple supply chain operating functions, providing direction in the resolution of technical & / or logistical issues and support constructive escalation to achieve timely results.
- Supplier Relationships - Where designated, responsible for the effective day to day supplier relationship management and operational performance of partners and suppliers.
- Cost Management - Lead short/medium term cost improvement plans with designated suppliers that are aligned to integrated commodity / category strategy(s).
- Understands suppliers manufacturing processes and associated cost
- drivers to support the development of cost engineering capabilities within the supply chain.
- Strategic Sourcing - Where designated, responsible for supporting the programme management and execution of sourcing activities, to meet the internal and external stakeholder requirements for current and future programmes.
- Strategy - Supports the development and deployment of relevant integrated commodity/ category/ supplier strategies and will provide inputs based on supply chain operational performance.
- Quality and Delivery - Responsible for the global quality and delivery performance of the external supply chain and the resolution of any performance related issues.
- Processes and Procedures - Lead the team's compliance to company policies, processes and procedures, ensuring all purchasing records and documentations are correct and maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
- Programme management - Support the deployment of risk management practices to assess, communicate and mitigate supply chain risks.
- Resource Management - Provide cross functional leadership for recruitment, line management and capability development of supplier management team members.
- Stakeholder Management - Nurture effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to the function in order to integrate functional priorities.
- Supplier Code of Conduct - Responsible for understanding supplier obligations contained in the Global Supplier Code of Conduct and addressing any supplier compliance concerns through direct action or escalation. Responsible for ensuring that supplier compliance to the Global Supplier Code of Conduct is maintained.
Qualifications & Experience
- BA degree or equivalent or significant industry experience.
- Ideally MCIPs qualified or equivalent.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working.
- Good planning / project management skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Familiarity with purchasing and supply chain management preferred.
For further information please apply online or contact Jack Dawkins at Morson Talent 01617-.071-.516