Process & Method Lead Engineer
Process & Method Lead Engineer
Location: Hybrid working – Warrington or Derby
Salary: Competitive Salary + (Package & Bonus)
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct, and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Capability Manager, the Engineering Process and Methods Lead will be responsible for leading the development and adoption of engineering processes, methods and toolsets to enable the integrated digital design framework for the programme. The Systems Engineering Integration team is a key part in RR SMR digital innovation and is helping to drive new ways of working into the project. This role will involve method and process development, delivery and roll out of training, and supporting implementation through detailed engagement with the design teams to ensure full and consistent adoption. The role will require both ‘hands on’ delivery of processes and methods, as well as coordination of work conducted by others on behalf of the Systems Engineering Capability Manager. This will require extensive collaboration with stakeholders across the programme, spanning a wide range of technical subject areas.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to excel as part of a team.
- Ability to understand context whilst also scrutinising detail.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Self-driven, motivated and seeks to motivate others.
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to influence and embed change and new ways of working.
- Strong planning and organising skills to manage all activities and deliverables.
- An ability to work in a changing environment, and to approach ambiguity positively.
- Lead and coordinate development of engineering processes and methods within the RR SMR Ltd engineering programme.
- Document processes within the RR SMR Ltd Integrated Management System.
- Coordinate ‘deep-dives’ / audits to monitor uptake of processes.
- Develop and deliver training associated with systems engineering methods and processes.
- Perform independent reviews to validate designs.
- Connect people and information across design silos.
- Work with data engineers to ensure that data flows associated with processes are fully understood and optimised.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree level qualification in engineering or science discipline.
- Chartered Engineer / Scientist / Systems Engineering Professional, or actively working toward professional registration.
To apply please send your CV to Joe Guy at Morson or contact the Morson office for more information.