Lead Engineer - Verification Process & Information System
Lead Engineer – Verification Process & Information System
Make a difference with a world class company
As part of the rapid growth of Rolls-Royce SMR Ltd, an exciting opportunity has arisen for talented engineers to join its Development Engineering organisation to drive the design Verification and Validation programme.
The role of Lead Engineer – Verification Process & Information System provides a unique opportunity to work on the development of a new nuclear power station design that will contribute to the global reduction of carbon emissions. The role could be based out of Rolls-Royce SMR’s Derby or Warrington offices, with opportunities for hybrid working.
About Rolls-Royce SMR:
Rolls-Royce SMR is a new business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactor power plants that will play a key role on the race to Net Zero, as well as providing energy security. Created through Rolls-Royce’s passion for engineering excellence, this is an exciting new business which expects to become a leading player in the future of energy.
Rolls-Royce SMR has a start-up mentality, with a high performing team that drives for efficiency and innovation in everything they do – and will provide a rewarding career for those who want to be bold and create a legacy.
About the Role:
You will be managing the approach used by the Development Engineering team to create and maintain the Verification Strategy for the power station, and ensuring that it dovetails with the project’s wider Systems Engineering framework. This will involve coaching both within and outside the team, and actively seeking out and spreading best-practice.
The Verification Strategy will involve a very large amount of information, and it will be a part of your role to ensure that this information can be entered, stored, analysed and presented in an efficient, secure and controlled manner. This will involve administering the toolset (currently IBM DOORS), and using it alongside other software as appropriate to maximise the benefits that digital capability can offer in this area.
As the Verification Strategy grows and develops, it is important that the quality and consistency of its content is maintained, and you will also be responsible for ensuring this, for example through the use of metrics, and running deep-dives on sample areas.
You will have:
• A degree-level qualification in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics or a related discipline.
• Become professionally recognised through a professional body, or be working towards it.
• Experience in structured approaches to design verification and the processes required to make this efficient.
• Experience in information systems and database management, ideally including IBM Rational DOORS.
• A strong Systems Thinking mind-set, and a natural drive to simplify processes and toolsets as much as possible, driving for maximum efficiency
• A proactive, positive attitude, with the desire and ability to learn fast, challenge the status-quo and to make a difference.
• A strong team mentality - keen to support and coach other team members, and to actively seek out and spread best practice.
Key Responsibilities of the Role will be:
• Defining and managing the structured Verification & Validation processes that the team will work to – and constantly driving to improve them, and spread best-practice.
• Administrating the information toolset used – currently IBM Rational DOORS.
• Coaching and training the team on the V&V processes, and use of the toolset.
• Owning Development Engineering’s relationship with the wider Systems Engineering team, to ensure a coherent and consistent approach to topics including requirements management, requirements validation, MBSE.
• Monitoring the health of the verification programme, creating visual management aids and performing deep-dives into certain areas of the verification strategy.
Embedding Rolls-Royce SMR’s digital-first philosophy into our ways of working.
Benefits and Work Conditions:
• A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a performance related bonus.
• A range of flexible benefits are available to choose from, enabling you to create a bespoke package to suit your needs.
• Travel: the location of work can be either Derby or Warrington.
• Flexible working / hybrid and remote working patterns are available with agreement.
• Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week with some additional hours as and when required.
• Rolls-Royce SMR are an equal opportunities employer.
For more details, contact Louise Taylor at Morson on 0117 403 8303 or apply here